[X4U] New drive in Pismo

Geoffrey Loeffler geoffrey at alaska.net
Mon Dec 20 01:18:14 PST 2004

I am going to put in a new HD in a Pismo I bought, chose the 80 gig
7200 by  Hitachi

I have a full install of Panther ready to go. I remember vaguely a
firmware upgrade that was required on many computers, might have been
in the Jag days, seeing this is bare drive, will Jag have the firmware
upgrade in it or do I have to go to another computer down load the
firmware burn it and install it before I put the new Panther on and
start the fun of getting all the downloads.

Which leads to another question I am probably going to hate the answer,
but will the latest 10.3.6  now a week later .7  bring the machine up
to date ?  Or, do I have to have go to the beginning, the stone age and
get all the wonderful upgrades. Will Software Update be reliable for
everything I would need on the OS or better to research and do it as a
flowchart of upgrades?

Thanks for any help
Geoff