[X4U] readying iMacs for sale

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Dec 23 12:06:56 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 02:14:37PM -0500, Mary C.Youra wrote:
:
: My two college age daughters recently decided to replace their Indigo
: iMac 500s (Summer 2001 models, I think, though not important for
: purposes of my question) with  14" iBooks. They'd like to sell the
: iMacs. The iMacs came with disks for OS 9.2.2 and 10.1..5, but have
: been upgraded to 10.3.5. What should be done to get them ready for
: sale? What is customary, and what is necessary from a security
: standpoint?

Don't include software that wasn't originally bundled with the computer.
So reformat the hard drives (secure reformat is even better) to remove
commercial software that you don't want to share and to remove your own
personal data.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/