[X4U] readying iMacs for sale

Birgit Rhoads wdlnd at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 23 14:47:56 PST 2004

Erase the HD in Disk Utility.  Install OS 9 and offer the latest OS X
system you legally purchased.  If you try to install Panther, it
immediately goes into the computer "set up".  I have had very good luck
selling Macs on EBAY.  Hopefully, you kept the boxes that the iMacs
came in; that makes it so much easier to ship them.  There is no need
to hand these computers down.  Older Macs easily sell.  I just sold a 6
GB/333Mhx Clamshell iBook on EBAY and there were plenty of people
bidding.  I was very surprised at the amount it sold for.
Birgit