[X4U] readying iMacs for sale

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Thu Dec 23 17:34:35 PST 2004

As I just experienced, it seems that "customary" would be to list an
iMac with a cracked and misaligned case and missing the side door as
being in good condition and then ship it without the mouse, and refuse
to send it later, because  you wound up spending more than you expected
on packing materials and feel that the buyer sucked the holiday spirit
out of you by requesting the mouse, even though it was part of the
purchase and they paid you for it.

Of course, don't forget to load Panther and  iLife 04 and claim that
they got a great deal, even though they will now have to spend wipe the
drive and track down disks to reload the original system, unless they
are the sort who can feel good about using pirated software.

Sorry...just my two cents...

That said, I have bought and sold a number of macs on e-bay, and have
generally had very pleasant experiences.  I think we all need to just
make sure that we are being as honest as possible...isn't that what
it's all about?