[X4U] Shutdown

Paul Moortgat paul.moortgat at pandora.be
Mon Dec 27 11:44:57 PST 2004

Someone asked me this:

I just received the new G5 1.8 GHz single processor computer, took it
out of the box and started it up.    Everything is fine except when I
choose 'shut down' from the Apple menu it 'restarts' and does not shut
down.     I have to unplug it to get it to shut down.
When I plug it back into the AC outlet it does not restart and I am able
to start it as you normally would.    But then, as before, it 'restarts'
every time I choose 'shut down'.

As always I would appreciate any ideas you might have.

Paul Moortgat