[X4U] Wireless Router Suggestion

David R.Boag spikedds at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 28 18:40:29 PST 2004

OK folks. My wireless router just died. I have dealt with being unable
to print locally long enough.

I have a G4 tower w/o an Airport card installed that is wired. I have a
Dell Laptop that I had connected wirelessly to the network via 802.11b.
I also have an HP LaserJet 1220 with a JetDirect print server wired in.

I really have no need for an Airport base station, and I need more
ports than the Airport Express has. So I'm going 3rd party. Anyone have
a good suggestion? D-Link? Linksys? Netgear?

I'd prefer being able to set it up using my Mac, but it's not
ABSOLUTELY essential if the hardware and or service are better with one
that can only be established initially with a PC.

Suggestions?

David R. Boag, DDS
Dental Design of Kedron