[X4U] Journaling...

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Jul 6 00:45:34 PDT 2004

Kansas Territory said:

>The one benefit I've seen from having journaling turned on.. is after a
>power outage... my startup times seem normal.. instead of being very
>long and very scary few minutes.. hoping my drive would recover from
>the sudden shut down :-)

I should have mentioned the other side of the argument with regard to
enabling journaling.  If you have a UPS, you probably never have to worry
about losing data due to a blackout.  And since OS X almost never crashes
(I've never had a system crash/kernal panic under OS X), if you have a
UPS journaling may be just about unnecessary.

Randy B. Singer

You read about all these terrorists--most of them came here legally, but
they hung around on these expired visas, some for as long as 10-15 years.
Now, compare that to Blockbuster; you are two days late with a video and
those people are all over you. Let's put Blockbuster in charge of
immigration.