[X4U] Adobe CS RAM Requirements

Judi Sohn lists at momathome.com
Tue Jul 6 15:25:52 PDT 2004

Zane H. Healy said on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 5:48 PM:

> Out of curiousity what to people find to be a realistic amount of RAM
> for running several of the Adobe CS Premium apps at once?  I've got a
> G5 2x2 with 1.5GB RAM, with Photoshop 7, InDesign 2, MS Word/X, plus
> a few other apps running (and my wife also being logged in with a
> couple apps running) I didn't seem to have any memory problems.

I have a G5 dual with 2 GB RAM and right now I have running: Dreamweaver MX
2004, ecto, InDesign CS, iTunes, Art Director's Toolkit 4, Preview, Font
Agent Pro, Web Confidential, Timbuktu Pro (but not connected to anything at
the moment), Illustrator CS, Safari, LaunchBar, Photoshop CS & Transmit. I
am not seeing any memory issues, but I guess it depends on what you're doing
in the applications.

You may try giving Photoshop a larger portion of the memory pie if you're
finding that's where the drag is. VersionCue is also on the slow side.

--
Judi Sohn                                    Mom at Home Design
judi at momathome.com                http://www.momathome.com