[X4U] Journaling...

drunk lists at drunkenbatman.com
Tue Jul 6 20:16:33 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:53:22 -0700, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>> As far as I'm concerned, if one has involved oneself in the consistent
>> use of the software offerings from M$, one has VERY likely experienced
>> a crash with OS X.
> I live in Microsoft Word.  I've never had a crash, kernel panic, or
> inescapable beachball, using OS X.  (I have had some applications
> suddenly quit.  But even that has only happened a handful of times.)
>
> I've also heard from a good number of folks who can say the same thing.
> A little routine maintenance goes a long way.

Erg, there were several well-known cases of kernel panics on wake-from-sleep, mostly specifically with carbon apps, but the office products seemed to bring them out in a big way. Been there, well-known stuff. Or if you were a VPC user, no amount of routine maintenance would have protected you from what was going on there. Or if you were an iBook user...

drunkenbatman ( there! )