[X4U] Journaling...

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Thu Jul 8 06:24:16 PDT 2004

Nobody has mentioned the, uh, "hang" or "freeze," when there is no
beachball--just a still life of what previously was a dynamic process;
and there is no recourse but to restart.
I call this a crash--or system crash--because the system is no longer
responsive.
Granted, they do not occur at all often, but never? The only
circumstances in which I can believe that may be the case is the near
total avoidance of any and all 3rd party software--and then I remain
still somewhat amazed at the idea of never experiencing such a loss of
system responsiveness.
.
On Jul 7, 2004, at 9:43 AM, John McDaniel wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2004, at 6:15 PM, Eugene Lee wrote:
>
>> Actually, Randy said "almost never".

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in "Ask Me No Questions"
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at www.troutnc.com