[X4U] How about Hot UNpluggable Disks?

Al Grappone alsan23 at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 10 11:34:57 PDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 19:00, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> Hot pluggable USB and Firewire disks are great.  But if I ever forget
> "eject" such a disk, even if no data is being transferred at the time,
>
> (1) I get an "Device Removal" alert box.
>
> (2) Often, the next time I go to mount this disk, even a day later, it
> will
> not show up in the Finder, and/or Path Finder, and/or /Volumes.  The
> only
> way to get it back seems to be to restart.

I have done the same thing at times and got the same alert. But I have
not had to restart  to mount again.

> <x4u-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <x4u-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> TiCase   | Checkout the coolest way to carry your TiBook!
> Dr. Bott  | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ticase.html>

> http://www.osxfaq.com

You know you are getting old when your grandchildren have children.
Al Grappone AMSC USN (Ret 1961) WWII, Korea
eMac OS 10.3.4  256MB 800MHz PWRPC G4 Newark CA
Epson 2450 Scanner  Epson 820 Printer  grapsan (AIM)