[X4U] What brand SATA Drive?

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Tue Jul 13 10:06:33 PDT 2004

Hello,

>On Jul 9, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>The 160GB drive in my G5 2x2 is feeling more than a little cramped
>>(well actually it has been since I got the system over 6 months
>>ago). I'm thinking about adding a 250GB Drive to the system and am
>>wondering which of the drives are the most reliable and coolest
>>running.
>>
>>		Zane
>
>A good place to check is http://www.storagereview.com. Last time I
>checked the IBM/Hitachi drives were the fastest in the 7200 RPM
>class and after rebates (at Fry's Electronics) the least expensive.
>
>Phil

The Hitachi rebate department has provided substandard service to me.
I have not been able to get my rebate. They told me that my 200GB
drive was not eligible for the 160GB rebate. However, the rebate and
the rebate document was for the 200GB drive. Their rebate document
was also more convoluted than normal. Fry's has not been helpful
either.

John