[X4U] Word 2004 problem

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 1 23:51:01 PDT 2004

On 7/1/04 11:21 PM, "Michel Treisman" <treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> I don't like the standard toolbar lying up against the upper edge of
> the screen. My 17" TiBook has a screen that is wide but not high -
> having the toolbar up there it gets in the way.  In Office v.X there
> was a way to place the toolbar vertically at the side - much more
> convenient.
>
> But I have forgotten how I did it in v.X  (;-<)  and I can't find a way
> to do it in Word 2004. Microsoft Help says nothing about it.  Any one
> know how to do it?

Drag the bottom right corner of the toolbar to resize it - pull it down and
to the left to make it vertical. I use mine on the right side, four buttons
wide.

Kirk

                       Forthcoming book: iPod Garage
                        http://www.mcelhearn.com
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .