[X4U] De-fragmentation (revisited)

verduron verduron at comcast.net
Fri Jul 2 04:03:49 PDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 10:12 PM, Daniel Beck wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2004, at 7:44 AM, verduron wrote:
>
>> Thank you all. I am not doing anything professional. I will opt,
>> after reading everything you sent, not to de-fragment and will make
>> certain my hard drive has the famous 20% space kept in store.
>
> I'm sure you'll be fine. If someone does feel the need to defrag, I
> think the best way (assuming one has the means) is to Carbon Copy the
> entire volume over to another disk and then back again.
>
> Daniel

I intend to do that eventually since it is highly recommended to do
regularly for people who do a lot of audio recording.
I have received a very informative and lengthy e-mail from Griffin [
http://www.griffintechnology.com/index.html ] on the subject and many
other topics on Audio recording.
If you are interested in looking at it contact me off line.