[X4U] Stolen iChat AIM Name

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Jul 25 13:50:05 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 12:07:00PM -0700, Thubten Kunga wrote:
:
: Someone stole my iChat AIM Name last night "kungax". The AIM site is
: missing the info on how to get a stolen name back. They dont' even
: explain how to change AIM name passwords and associated email addresses
: even though they recommend you do it frequently. Anyone know how i can
: get my name back from this hacker?

I don't use AIM so I'm not aware of how things are done.  Is your AIM
name "stolen" in the sense that someone else was able to figure out your
password, got into your account, and changed the password so that you
can no longer get in?  If the thief isn't that smart and hasn't changed
the account's email address, you can always do a password reset via the
AIM web site.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/