Mac OCR

Jim Eddy giametti at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 20:16:22 PDT 2004

My wife needs to scan in some short articles onto a web site for her
university classes. I tried to fire up the copy of Omnipage that came
with an older scanner, but it seems to be broken now (the software and
the scanner). We have a Canon LiDE scanner now that works pretty well.
OmniPage now sells for $500. Any suggestions for other OCR programs for
OSX -- hopefully for around $100?

Thanks for any help.

--------
Jim Eddy                                               James Eddy
Woodworks
giametti at mac.com               jim at jameseddywoodworks.com
                               Mount Pleasant, Michigan
                          http://jameseddywoodworks.com