[X4U] New stuff

Peter Payne peter2 at jlist.com
Mon Jul 26 17:45:34 PDT 2004

>The monitor looks sweet, but wow, $3,299 *PLUS* you have to have a $600
>video card to use it.

It looks nice, yes, but the special video card is really outrageous,
especially since I've got a G5 on order already, and I'd presumably
have to throw that perfectly good card away. Um, this is just a
*little* stupid...

I use Macs for work of course, but I like playing games, too. I'd be
a little fearful of frame rates in Quake not getting up there at
23000 x 18000 pixels, or whatever the resolution of that beast is. If
they want to sell more monitors, they should publish some speed stats
to reassure any gamers that the monitor won't prove to be a bad thing
for their games, rather than a good thing. Me, I keep any weird
hardware out of my system to maximize my compatibility.
--
J-LIST http://www.jlist.com

Interested in my life in Japan? See the Peter Payne homepage at
http://www.peterpayne.net/