[X4U] Any info on new iMacs?

Mike Warren tvillemw at alltel.net
Tue Jul 27 11:55:00 PDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 1:57 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
> Due to a shipping mixup I still haven't received my new iMac that I
> purchased through the Apple Store back in June. Now that Apple is out
> of iMacs they're having a hard time finding one to replace the one
> that went AWOL. I'm wondering if I should just cancel my order and
> wait until the new models come out in September. I don't know anything
> about the new models. Has there been any write ups or keynotes that
> say what will be improved on the new iMacs?

As far as I know Apple hasn't said much more than that the new iMacs
will be based on the G5. Given the speed of the G5 it's possible the
future iMacs won't be as quiet as the G4 Until we see them, it's hard
to say. I'm in a similar bind. My partner's ailing iMac Bondi needs
replacement. I started getting nervous when I heard they had run out.