De-fragmentation (revisited)

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jul 2 23:07:03 PDT 2004

lists3-200402 said:

>why would you recommend ANY defrag utility? apple's knowledge base
>and just about every competent tech will tell you it's simply not an
>issue anymore. the system does a fine job managing fragmentation
>without any third party assitance (read: no need to spend money).
>
>to beat on this dead horse shows you have waayyy too much time on
>your hands...maybe your time would be better spent learning/preaching
>unix?

If you prefer to have blind faith in Apple, that's fine.

What I do have (and unfortunately, it's not an excess of free time) is
quite a lot of experience with Macs, and a lot of feedback from users.

If you prefer to learn the hard way, just ignore my advice.  My advice is
a word to the wise.

Randy B. Singer

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from
disinclination to do so."  -Douglas Adams.