Carbon Copy Cloner and system performance

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jul 4 14:47:41 PDT 2004

Maris Avots said:

>If using Carbon Copy Cloner impacts system performance, what is the best way
>to move existing system files to a new hard drive?

If you want an exact clone of your system, it's still Carbon Copy Cloner.
If you just want another system installation, a better way to go, if it
will work, is to install the system with our original OS X installer
CD's.

However, some folks (mostly in the early days of OS X) have reported that
they cannot successfully create a bootable external drive using their
install CD's, yet they can using CCC.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html