[X4U] How can we compete?

john john at MLCE.net
Tue Nov 2 11:22:20 PST 2004

>  >
>>  .......... Viruses, durability and other PC problems may
>>  not make your friend happy with his decision.
>

>>>  A friend of mine just bought a new PC at Aldi (a chain of discount/grocery
>>  stores here in the US) for $799.

How much $$ are they going to have to spend on software that is
needed to keep them free of the constantly growing list of PC virus,
worm, Trojan, etc. programs constantly being written?  Once they get
hit with one of the above, how many hours are they going to spend
trying to get their machine clean, and when they cannot do it
themselves, how much $$ and time are they going to spend having it
done by some tech.

MAC's are made better (higher quality parts) and last longer in that
they can run older software on newer systems (up until OSX on G5's
not running OS9.x, but I expect that even with this completely new
OS/chip configuration, there will be great "backward compatibility
with older OSX software).

For non power users, MAC's are the ONLY system that makes since to
me, but then again, I think MAC's are the cats meow no matter what.

John Dach
14" iMAC 10.3.5