[X4U] How can we compete?

Peter Payne peter2 at jlist.com
Thu Nov 25 09:44:56 PST 2004

>What I find strange is that if both Windoze boxes and Macs provide
>roughly the same set of features to the end-user, why do people choose
>the machine that is *harder* to use?  Do they honestly believe that
>mastering a more difficult machine makes them a superior person?  Or
>does it just make them a more difficult person?  :-)

One of the biggest reasons people go Windows, I've noticed, is the
"Hey, I can steal software from work" aspect. This, and that damned
Solitire game, have been decisive for Wintel.
--
J-LIST http://www.jlist.com

Interested in my life in Japan? See the Peter Payne homepage at
http://www.peterpayne.net/