[X4U] HP iPods

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 2 19:18:06 PST 2004

On 11/2/04 5:41 PM, KJS <explorerguy at mac.com> wrote:

> By the way, the packages indicate that the HP iPods are meant for Windows.
> I'm assuming that is only meaningful because of the PC-specific version of
> iTunes that's included, which wouldn't be relevant to my use with my Mac.
> Correct?

>From HP's Web site <http://www.hp.com/music> :

"I have both a Mac and a PC. Will my Apple iPod from HP work on both?"

No, not at the same time. Your iPod is configured for a PC and formatted for
Windows.

NOTE: You can convert an iPod formatted for Windows into an iPod formatted
for Mac by using the iPod for Mac Software Updater utility on the  Apple
website . Note that once it is reformatted, it will only work with Macs. You
need Mac OS 9.2 or Mac OS X 10.1 or later to reformat an iPod for Windows
into an iPod for Mac. Using the Apple iPod from HP on a Mac is not supported
by HP.