[X4U] Backup Strategies - Need Recommendations!

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Nov 3 13:04:53 PST 2004

Joe Sporleder said:

>Therefore, I'm now looking for a good commercial backup program for my
>server and my network, and is smart enough to get past any permission
>problems, and finally, a smart copy that only backs up the files that
>have changed

There are a large number of backup programs for OS X. (I'd be happy to
give you a complete list, if you like).  SilverKeeper, Carbon Copy
Cloner, Retrospect, and Personal Backup are all very popular. (SK and CCC
are especially popular because they are free.)

However, given your stated needs, you might find that you really like
this one:

Deja Vu $25
http://propagandaprod.com/dejavu.html

Randy B. Singer