[X4U] High speed scanner recommendation

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Nov 5 22:31:15 PST 2004

leonard kuzminski said:

>    My office is moving into the 21st Century with plans to store text
>records on cds or dvds. . I would appreciate recommendations as to
>particular makes and models with automatic document feeders especially
>as to reliability and inexpensive service of the equipment.
>    OS 10.3 will be used. The majority of the records will be text
>files.

It depends on what you mean by "high speed."  What I consider to be high
speed (that is, fast enough for an office that deals in a lot of paper
coming in and going out) doesn't nominally include scanners that are Mac
compatible out of the box.  For instance, Fujitsu makes superb high-speed
scanners, but they don't provide Mac drivers.

What I advise attorneys who are members of my MacAttorney user group to
do is to first decide on the software you want to go with for document
imaging and management, and then ask the developer for recommendations on
which scanner to go with their software.  These companies also offer Mac
drivers for high-end auto sheet-feed scanners that otherwise aren't Mac
compatible.

Check out:

Optix
Mindwrap, Inc