[X4U] iSight Mac to webcam PC

Robert rashton at telus.net
Sat Nov 6 05:11:06 PST 2004

Not sure as to what windows version as my daughter is running XP. But
the PC will have to be running the latest version of AIM as possible
(free dl). We bought her a USB2 web cam and spent big $ and I now wish
that we had got her a firewire camera instead. Fire wire uses no
compression. The software is fairly easy to set up on the PC side. The
only trouble that we had as when I got our isight I set up a .mac
account, trial and I guess that it expired so I ended up getting a AIM
screen name,. That s a free too. The only problem that I have now is
that after 5 minutes the video coming in from the PC freezes still have
audio, so we have to renew and that fixes it for another 5 minutes.
Haven't had time to find out if it on my end or the PC end.  Hope that
this helps. Bob