[X4U] 10.3.6 is out

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Nov 7 12:11:57 PST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 09:27:26AM -0500, Jim Freeman wrote:
: On 6-Nov-04, at 6:18 PM, John Baltutis wrote:
: >On Nov 5, 2004, at 11:44 PM, Jim MacCormaic wrote:
: >>
: >>I installed first on my iBook and yes indeed, that was the size in
: >>that case. But then I turned to my iMac and was surprised to find that
: >>the size had jumped to 34.6 MB. Both machines were at 10.3.5.
: >>
: >>Can anybody explain the discrepancy?
: >
: >Sure. Read <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25799>.
:
: It sounds like they are saying it doesn't have anything to do with the
: hardware configuration of the computer, but with modifications of the
: system by 3rd party software. Is that correct?

Yup.  From the URL link:

>	Why are some computers not offered a smaller update?
>
>	Not every computer that has Mac OS X 10.3.4 or later can benefit
>	from smaller Software Updates. Why? Sometimes, modifications
>	made to Mac OS X system files, including ones made by
>	third-party products, may require the installation of a full
>	sized version of a Mac OS X software update.
[...]

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/