[X4U] Multiple Users-Panther

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 8 14:40:13 PST 2004

On 11/7/04 6:22 AM, "B Gardner" <mailmehere at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I need some information and details on setting up multiple users in
> Panther. Just got an iMac G5 and trying to set it up for my family.
> Keep getting sporadic dialogs that some application is not available to
> one or the other daughters. I gave them "no limits" setting but they
> are still seeing the "does not have permissions or privileges" dialogs.
> And yes, I repaired permissions.
>
> If anyone knows a good reference source please pass it along.

You wouldn't go wrong with my e-book on Users and Accounts in Panther.

http://www.mcelhearn.com/article.php?story=20040921171841531

As for your specific problem, it seems strange - all users, unless limits
are set, should be able to access all applications, as long as those apps
are in the Applications folder. Is that where they are?

Best,

Kirk

                Co-author of: Take Control of Panther Vol. 1
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France