[X4U] Multiple Users-Panther

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Nov 9 09:20:55 PST 2004

Is there a way to setup multiple users at once instead of doing it one by
one? I work at a university and we have about 800 students would it be
possible to enter all of them at once and set a level of security on them
and enter a default password at the same time. Doing them all individually
is not practical. We're around a dozen Macs in a building of around 300 XP
boxes which uses a Windows 2003 server with primary domain controller so any
student can sign in on any PC with a student number and password. For
security reasons they would like to have access to the Macs restricted to
students who have to sign on in a similar fashion. Can anything like this be
done on Mac side?

Thanx

Richard