[X4U] Acceptable CPU temperature

Jay E. Krauss, Jr. jekrauss at charter.net
Sat Nov 13 15:29:11 PST 2004

I have a MDD dual 1.25 GHz with 2 Gb RAM (1 Gb
original Apple, other 1 Gb from Other World
Computing) running OS X 10.3.6. The computer
periodically "locks up" and requires a complete
restart. TechTool Pro 4 does not detect bad RAM;
Disk Utility, DiskWarrior 3.0.2 and Norton Disk
Doctor 8.0.2 indicate no problems with the hard
disks (IBM 120 Gb and two Maxtor 250 Gb in a
mirrored RAID).
Temperature Monitor 2.21 indicates a CPU
temperature of 56.4-56.8°C. Is this hot enough to
cause failure? The fan runs continually. I
haven't found any information on Power PC
processor temperatures. Apparently Intel and AMD
processors develop problems around 60°C.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.