[X4U] Re: Mount Mac firewire drive on Windows?

Jon jwarms at mac.com
Sun Nov 14 00:39:46 PST 2004

You don't need any special software, it's built into 10.3.

Go to the Services button of the Sharing pref panel. Click on Windows
Sharing to turn it on. Once you select Windows Sharing, a sentence will
appear on the bottom of that checklist window that gives the IP address
that Windows machines should use to access that Mac.

And once the XP user is connected with the Mac, XP will ask which
volumes should be shared.

It seems to me that the more recent 10.3 releases are more consistent
and reliable than the earlier 10.3 versions in making the above work.

Jon