[X4U] Setup Assistant

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 17:09:59 PST 2004

On 11/22/04, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> That Apple site tell me to do it the FIRST time the new Mac starts.
> This first time asks to install OS X.  This was the case with previous Macs.

Not true. The <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25773>
document just says that the "best" time is the first time you start it up.
You can launch the Setup Assistant anytime.

BTW, each computer comes with a default set of software installed. So you
probably erased what was there. To restore the "new" computer to its
factory specs, use the restore DVD/CDs and "restore" the software. Then
update the firmware on the older computer, hook it up to the new one via
the FireWire cable, start the new machine, and run the Setup Assistant
manually if it doesn't pop up automatically.