[X4U] Mail autofill?

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 07:06:50 PST 2004

Does anyone know if there is a way to train Mail's autofill feature?
When I start typing the name of the person I want to e-mail in the to:
field or where ever,  Mail autofills the address from my address book
and from the list of previous recipients. My wife, for example, has two
e-mail addresses. Mail defaults to one and usually I want to e-mail her
at the other. I have two friends with the same name, one I e-mail
regularly and one I hardly ever e-mail. Mail always gives me the wrong
one. Mail should be like LaunchBar: it should choose the addresses I
use most often.

Am I misunderstanding the way Mail works or is this something Apple
needs to work on? Is there any way to work around this, short of
deleting addresses from my Address book or recipients list?

Thanks,

Jim