[X4U] Re: Moving iTunes to drive 2

lists3-200402 lists3-200402 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 24 12:33:33 PST 2004

Gail Grainger <ggrainger at deweybrowse.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>     I just added a second hard drive to store music on. I was adding Cd's
>last weekend, and almost filled up my hard drive. I want to move  iTunes to
>drive 2, is there any special way I should do that?
>Thanks,
>Gail
>
>--
>Gail Shea Grainger

a recent itunes update (4.7?) fixed a long standing problem where if
you stored your music in a folder other than the ~/Music/iTunes/
folder, say a firewire drive, then launch itunes with the firewire
drive disconnected, itunes would reset it's own prefs to the
~/Music/iTunes folder. now that doesn't happen...you simply plug in
the drive and the pref 'sticks'.

i (and many of my clients) keep our huge music libraries on a
firewire drive. this lets us move our music around (some people have
beach houses, etc.).

don