[X4U] max number of recipients in Mail

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Nov 29 12:30:11 PST 2004

silvo conticello said:

>What is the maximum number of recipients in Mail?

I don't know, but I can tell you how I got around the problem using
Claris Emailer to send out my newsletter.  (Circulation: close to 5,000).

I use an AppleScript that takes a plain text document with a list of
e-mail addresses and a plain text document that has the body of the
e-mail message, and the script creates messages with the body text and
automatically addresses each message with 30 addresses from the address
list.

It only takes the script about a minute to create e-mail messages in the
outgoing message folder for every recipient on the mailing list, each
with 30 recipients.  I can then send the messages, which go out fine, one
at a time.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html