[X4U] Printer on G5

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Nov 29 12:35:13 PST 2004

Paul Moortgat said:

>I try to install a Brother 1470N printer driver on my G5.  I can get ot
>so far that I can select it in the print window.  But then nothing
>comes out of the printer.  I've no problems with my other 3 Macs and
>that printer.
>I downloaded the latest driver.  In the Printer list, the status is
>"Stopped" and when I select "Start Jobs it flashes for a fraction of a
>second, but nothing will work.
>Any idea?

Often the problem can be fixed simply by deleting the printer setup and
reinstalling the drivers and re-doing the setup.

See this Apple tech article for how to troubleshoot printing problems:

You might want to try Print Center Repair:
http://www.fixamac.net/software/pcr/index.html

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html