[X4U] Virtual PC 7.0

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Oct 3 07:31:26 PDT 2004

Anyone else running Virtual PC 7.0 on a G5?  I was at the local Apple
Store yesterday and picked up the Professional version of MS Office
2004, in part to get the upgraded version of MS Office, but mainly to
get VPC (since Office.X really is all I need right now).

I got it installed last night, and was playing around with it.  Is
anyone else finding it very unstable?  So far the only software I
have installed on it is a McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 (while 8.0
is current, V7 is the current licensed by work for people to use on
their home systems).  I had Internet Exploder running, and had mapped
"Network Drives" to two different folders on my Mac.  It blew up big
time, and I had to tell VPC to shutdown the emulated PC.

Needless to say, after waiting for a copy that will run on my 11
month old G5 2x2, I'm not very happy with the initial results.

		Zane