[X4U] iTunes problem

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Oct 3 02:00:10 PDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 08:48:57AM +0100, eleventhvolume wrote:
:
: I'm wondering whether anybody has encountered the problem I've just
: discovered with iTunes' encoding of cds into mp3 format. I've been ripping a
: lot of cds (500+) in preparation for getting myself an iPod, but have
: discovered that a lot of the mp3s suffer from intermittent distortion. I can
: only describe the effect as being similar to a poor connection causing
: distortion/static which degrades the sound suddenly. This problem varies
: over everything from 10 seconds here and there to three or four tracks in a
: row before the problem disappears. I don't think this has anything to do
: with the cds themselves and I haven't encountered this before. I'm importing
: at 192 with standard settings. Any suggestions about this would be most
: welcome.

1. re-rip affected CDs and see if the problem returns.

2. clean the CDs to remove stuff that may affect the laser.

3. polish scratched-up CDs.

4. use canned air to clear any dust or other interfering particles
that's floating around in your CD/DVD drive.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/