[X4U] iDVD Question

Pete Zimowski petez at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 20:40:52 PDT 2004

Hi all!  Good to be back.  A quick question on iDVD.  I am creating a
slide show in iDVD (actually imported from iPhoto slideshow).  iDVD
allows you to select the duration of each slide (1,3,5,10 secs) from a
pop-up menu.

For the song I'm using (I know this because I used this duration in the
iPhoto show), 4 seconds per slide is the duration that makes the slides
fit the song perfectly - there are slides that need to hit fairly exact
spots on the song.  The "Fit to Song" setting doesn't give me what I
want.

So,  is there any way to use another duration (like the 4 seconds I
want)?  I know it's not one of the selections, but I'm wondering if
there's a way to open a file within the iDVD package and "edit" it to
add an option for 4 seconds.  I seem to remember being able (and
actually doing it) to open a file within the iMovie package (on a
earlier version than 4) and set the application to not import images
using the Ken Burns effect.

Any ideas?  I don't want go through the iMovie process for this project.

TIA..

Pete