[X4U] Virtual PC 7.0

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Oct 4 23:14:19 PDT 2004

>On 10/3/04 9:31 AM, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
>
>>  I got it installed last night, and was playing around with it.  Is
>>  anyone else finding it very unstable?  So far the only software I
>>  have installed on it is a McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 (while 8.0
>>  is current, V7 is the current licensed by work for people to use on
>>  their home systems).  I had Internet Exploder running, and had mapped
>>  "Network Drives" to two different folders on my Mac.  It blew up big
>>  time, and I had to tell VPC to shutdown the emulated PC.
>
>I have it installed but have not run into any problems -- yet.  I ran IE
>just long enough to d/l Firefox, and only run one other program (to run my
>fantasy football league).  I haven't mapped any folders yet, but will be
>soon.  I'll bee on the lookout for problems.

I'm really wondering if my problems weren't related to the fact that
I'd mapped two different folders on my Mac, plus the folders were on
different drives.  Tonight I had a chance to play some more.  I was
able to install two of the applications that I needed, and used them
some without any issues.

I did find one thing that seems to seriously help my speed, I
switched my theme to the "Classic" Windows theme, rather than the
standard XP theme.  It seems far more responsive.

I still have a couple more apps to install, but at least tonights
results were far more positive than on Saturday.

	Zane