[X4U] thread organization

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Tue Oct 5 10:48:31 PDT 2004

It does appear that Mary created a new thread which is based on the message-ID of the digest as mailed. Jim's answer continues the new thread. And mine probably continues it further.

I doubt that there is any solution in the hands of digest subscribers. It would have to be handled by the mailing list software.

Eudora finds only these two references to "20041005014135.0C3F2123CDA" in my collection. That probably means that Mary is the only one who replied to an item on that day's digest.

At 10:14 -0400 10/5/04, Jim Freeman wrote:
>From: Jim Freeman <jpfreeman at mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [X4U] thread organization
>Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:14:10 -0400

At 10:14 -0400 10/5/04, Jim Freeman wrote:
>But now I just filter list messages into a separate folder and organize by thread.

While building your filter consider using the address from the List-Id: header.

 It's pretty reliable and people are trying to keep them unique.

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.