[X4U] Fetchmail Help ?

Aron S.Spencer aron at r8ix.com
Sat Oct 9 10:36:15 PDT 2004

I just did this a few days ago. Working great

Install UW-IMAP first
<http://www.spookyhill.net/~gall/HOWTO/imapdv2/index.html> has
instructions.
then set up a .fetchmailrc file that looks something like this:

set daemon 60
set syslog
set postmaster "you"
set bouncemail
poll your.mailserver.com with proto POP3 user "username" pass
"password" options stripcr
      mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

It works.

Some people have used "Postfix enabler", but I found that it set up the
imap directory in the mail.app directory, which led to extra junk
showing up in mail.app...