[X4U] IChat av

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Oct 10 16:18:27 PDT 2004

On Oct 10, 2004, at 9:26 pm, Eugene wrote:

> ... Anyone else with experience using ChatFinder.com ?

I used iChatFinder a little when the iSights first became available
retail, and met a really good friend there - about the only person I
know only online who I might call a "friend". She knitted a 12' or 14'
"Dr Who" scarf for me, which is a deal of knitting, and a few quid in
transatlantic postage.

What I think we all found is that videochat is great when you know
someone well, as is audiochat, but talking to a stranger just because
iChaAV lets you is a bit of an anti-climax. Those of us who were on the
site for a while got pretty tired of iChat requests - I'll text-chat
with anyone, but video-requests when you're busy can be quite
intrusive.

Stroller.