[X4U] Which version of Windows with VPC?

Jim Eddy giametti at mac.com
Wed Oct 13 17:26:10 PDT 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 6:41 PM, Phillip Zannini • wrote:

> I just picked up VPC 7 today, upgrading from 6.1.  HUGE difference on
> my
> 1GHz TiBook.  If you can squeeze the few extra dollars it will be well
> worth
> it in my humble opinion.  VPC 7 at the moment comes with XP Pro.

Thanks for the responses.

My TiBook is only a 667mhz DVI. VPC 7 requires a minimum of 700mhz, so
hardware wise it seemed that I don't have the horsepower to run it.
Would VPC 7, that has greater hardware requirements than version 6,
still run better on a slower machine than 6? I've also heard the
Windows XP has fierce hardware requirements, even for a windows box.
Is it worth trying to run it on my 2 year old powerbook?

--------
Jim Eddy                                               James Eddy
Woodworks
giametti at mac.com               jim at jameseddywoodworks.com
                               Mount Pleasant, Michigan
                          http://jameseddywoodworks.com