[X4U] MS Office 2004 Feedback

Judi Sohn momathome at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 04:16:53 PDT 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:13:28 +0100, eleventhvolume
<colin at eleventhvolume.com> wrote:

> > (2) Also, html messages have to be downloaded by clicking a link that it's
> > okay to download pictures. I'd prefer that a setting be made to let them
> > automatically load.
> Agreed, but it's a recognised spam reduction measure, though it didn't seem
> to have much effect.

The point is so when you do get spam and you accidentally open the
message, you are not downloading the image that may "phone home" to
let the spammer know you've opened the message. It doesn't do anything
to prevent you from getting spam in other ways.

I don't use Entourage, but in the Windows version (Outlook) you can
right-click on the message and select "Add Sender to Safe List" and
then afterwards mesages from the same sender will load completely. I'm
not sure if Entourage has the same setting.

Judi Sohn, judi at momathome.com
Mom at Home Design, http://www.momathome.com
AIM: JudiS217