[X4U] Filesharing between OS9 and OSX

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed Oct 20 16:54:59 PDT 2004

I have a problem accessing files stored on some (but not all) of the
OSX machines that I support when I try to access them from OS9 machines
(9.2.2).  The OS9 machines can recognize most of the OSX machines in
the chooser, but not all of them.  On these OSX machines (runnng
10.3.5), Appletalk is on and sharing is set up and the Directory access
utility seems to be set up right.
I can see them just fine from other OSX machines.  I can force the
connection in OS9 by entering the computer's IP address in the chooser,
but not the local name.  I would just have the users enter this, but
we're using DHCP and the IP changes often.  Also, aliases made to
folders on the OSX drives work initially then fail to connect after a
few hours.

Am I missing some setting on these few OSX machines?  Is there some
reason why these computers don't show up in the chooser?

Thanks in advance foe any help,

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3.9 on Mac OS X 10.3.5