[X4U] Filesharing between OS9 and OSX

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Oct 21 17:19:48 PDT 2004

I've never been able to get the file sharing working right between our OS9
machines and our OSX machines. Between OSX works perfectly but I can't see
anything in the Chooser I have type in the IP number manually. That works
most of the time but then it has its moments when even that doesn't work.
The OSX machines are better at seeing the OS9 machines but then there are
times when that doesn't work either. It's a bit frustrating and seemingly
quite random. I have all the file sharing setup properly on all the all the
boxes. We've only got 12 Macs all but 3 are OSX so it's not an issue most of
the time. What might be the problem is that we are networked through a
Windows 2003 server. That's all I can offer. If you find a solution let me
know.