[X4U] Airport Express

Spoolman Nancy nspoolman at dsdk12.net
Thu Oct 21 21:04:49 PDT 2004

Well, I'll have to find the Airport Admin Utility 4.0 tomorrow. I must
be tired because it's no where on the Apple site except for the 4.01
Express software.  :)

On Oct 21, 2004, at 9:42 PM, Norman Cohen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got my second AE today. I was able to configure it to use WDS
> to expand my network without problem. With my first one, I did have
> some problems and did have to do a hard reset to erase everything
> before it was able to hold the new settings.
>
> Make sure you have the latest version of Airport Admin Utility (v4.0)
> to adjust the settings. I don't use the Airport Express config utility
> as I found it didn't do the things I needed it to do to allow
> expansion of my network.
>
> Norm
> Norman Cohen
> nacohen at mac.com
>
> "It is a profitable thing, if one is wise, to seem foolish."
> Aeschylus
> On Oct 21, 2004, at 8:27 PM, Nancy Spoolman wrote:
>
>> I hope someone out there can help. I bought an Airport Express about
>> a month ago. I was able to set it up quite easily, entering a WEP
>> password, etc. When I quit working on my Powerbook, at night, and got
>> up the next morning, it could not access the Airport Express. Every
>> time I try to access it does not allow me to connect. It says it is
>> authenticating, it shows I am connected in Internet Connect, but it
>> gives me a self-assigned IP number. I am using a switch and router as
>> I have my entire house wired. Anyway, what I have to do is go through
>> the steps of reconfiguring the Airport Express using the Airport
>> Express Assistant every time and pretend I'm changing settings and
>> having it restart. I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in
>> to see if that makes a difference. Nothing works except to
>> reconfigure. (Most of the time that works.)
>>
>> Also, I've tried resetting it to factory default, but it NEVER works.
>> I have used the paper clip to push the reset button in while plugging
>> it in as Apple suggests. I've also tried to check out the
>> configuration using Airport Admin Utility, but it won't do anything
>> when I tried and click on the Configure tool after highlighting the
>> Airport Express. It's so frustrating! Has anyone else had any
>> problems with their Airport Express?
>>
>> TIA!  :)
>>
>> Nanc
>>
>> "Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks UP!"

Nancy S.
Computer Network Assistant
Computer Department
Douglas School District
431 Tower Road
Box Elder, SD 57719
605-923-0034
nspoolman at dsdk12.net
nanc at spoolman.com

"Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks UP!"