[X4U] Connecting an IDE drive to a G5

Steve Upton lists at chromix.com
Tue Oct 26 12:18:14 PDT 2004

To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."

>How do I connect an older IDE/ATA hard drive to a G5??

I don't think you need to get a PCI card if you are only working on a temp solution.

The optical drive is still IDE. I have heard of people disconnecting the optical and using the connection for an IDE drive for copying stuff. Not certain about this you might want to google on it a bit. Use at your own risk...

Regards,

Steve Upton

o  Steve Upton              CHROMiX        www.chromix.com
o   (hueman)                               866.CHROMiX
o    upton at chromix.com                     206.985.6837
o  ColorGear   ColorThink   ColorValet   ColorSmarts   ProfileCentral