[X4U] Connecting an IDE drive to a G5

Paul Hawkins h_paul at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 26 14:02:54 PDT 2004

Yeah. That was my first choice, but it's in such a weird spot that I didn't want to mess with it. I was
hoping there was another connection for IDE/ATA devices. Oh well. I found another solution. I hooked it
up to one of the G4's and that works. Thanx for everyone's help.

Paul

> I don't think you need to get a PCI card if you are only working on a temp solution.
>
> The optical drive is still IDE. I have heard of people disconnecting the optical and using the
connection for an IDE drive for copying stuff. Not certain about this you might want to google on it a
bit. Use at your own risk...